Thursday, August 30, 2012

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes

We had Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes this morning.  I had to change the recipe just a little, I didn't have any flax seeds, and I added a lot more coconut milk than the 1 3/4 c milk the recipe called for.  These were thick, hearty, semi-healthy pancakes, since I added 1 T brown sugar instead of the 1 T flax seed, they aren't super healthy, but they tasted good.  Noah gave them a 9, and Owen and I gave them an 8.  The baking powder flavor was a little strong for me, but they did rise nicely.  Anyway, these are a healthy alternative to the usual pancake.  Notice the butter and no syrup.  I still don't like syrup, so I eat my pancakes/waffles/ french toast with just butter.  Weird I know but delicious :)
Tomorrow we're having a chicken dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment