Friday, August 24, 2012

Hamburgers

We had hamburgers tonight, and these are fun and easy.  I made my own hamburger buns using this easy recipe, and we had fun eating them.  We found the buns too crunchy on top, we like the super soft hamburger buns usually, you know, the $1 for 8 of them store brand ones, so these were a little different from what we were used to.  However, they turned out pretty well, and the only change I made was to not add the sesame seeds.  We gave the buns and hamburgers an 8, and the calories for each bun, I made 21 instead of 18, were 103/bun.  With the hamburgers, the calories were 229.
Pan Fried Hamburgers
1/2 lb ground beef
salt, onion powder, pepper
1/2 c cheese, grated

Mix together and cook on a griddle or in a pan.  Serve.

I know that's not even a recipe, but it turned out well, so I want to remember it.  We really enjoyed it, and Cook's Illustrated recommended grating the cheese into the hamburger meat rather than laying it on top, and I like how it turned out.  We had some oven fries with this as well as the corn, and the boys just gobbled everything up.

Tomorrow we're having some mini calzones and panzanella.

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there when they were hot. Still tasted good, but were a lil dry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have been there when they were hot. Still tasted good, but were a lil dry

    ReplyDelete