Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Chicken Roulades with Chorizo and Manchego

We had one delicious dinner tonight.  Aaron and I loved this.  It was so amazing.  It is called Chicken Roulades with Chorizo and Manchego from Anne Burrell, and although we couldn't find manchego, this was still so great.  Aaron and I gave it a perfect 10, Noah gave it a 9 because he said it was too spicy, and Owen gave it an 8.  The only changes I made to the recipe were to add monterey jack instead of manchego, and to add a lot less olive oil than the recipe called for.  My chicken isn't super brown all over because I didn't want to use more than 1 tablespoon of olive oil to brown the chicken in, but that didn't affect the flavor for us.  I also cut down on the flour and eggs for the breading, I never use as much as the recipe calls for.  The way I made it I made 6 rolls and each one with the sauce was 426 calories.  This is just amazingly flavorful, tender, moist, and really it's not very difficult.  I made the rolls earlier in the day when I had some energy, and then just had to cook them up and make the sauce at dinner time.  Great recipe!  We'll be having this one again for sure.

Tomorrow we're having some pumpkin pancakes, some of my favorite things in this world.

1 comment: