Thursday, August 2, 2012

Chili-Lime Steak Salad

We had Chili-Lime Steak Salad tonight, and it was delish! This was a fast, fresh meal, and I love the crisp veggies with the really juicy, flavorful steak.  The steak was my favorite part, and we just really enjoyed it.
Aaron gave it an 8, Noah and Owen and I gave the salad a 9 and the steak a perfect 10. This salad, which we split into 6 servings, with all the dressing and everything was 499 calories/serving. If you don't like ranch, like I don't, the dressing won't be a big hit, but Aaron and Noah both really liked it.


Tomorrow we're having a pasta dish.

3 comments:

  1. I love salads. So, in the recipe it calls for flank steak. Where would you find that cut of meat? Is there a different cut you can substitute?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy flank steak at Fry's but it is super duper expensive. Like $25 for 1 long steak. I don't buy it unless it's on sale. I used a ribeye I cut off the one, and I bought it when it was 50% off at Fry's. I just choose whatever steak is on sale, and slice it really thin. We only needed one big steak for the four of us. Hope this helps :)

      Delete