Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mini Shrimp Calzones

We had these Mini Shrimp Calzones tonight, and we all enjoyed them.  It's helpful that we all enjoy shrimp, and these were tasty.  I cut down on the cheese, we only used two cups rather than 3, and I used only 1 T of olive oil.  Also, I used tomato sauce rather than diced tomatoes.  I used the pizza dough Giada put with the recipe, and I didn't think it worked well.  I liked the flavor, but after 1 1/2 hours my dough still hadn't risen.  I used the yeast in another recipe, and it worked fine, so I'm not sure why the dough didnt' rise, but it didn't.  Other than that the recipe worked great, and it really had great flavor.  The calories for 1/6 of the recipe the way I prepared it are 436/serving.  I think I'll play with this and try different combinations, because I liked how simple it was and how cheesy it was :).  We love cheese around here.  As Noah says, "cheese is my favorite food, after fried shrimp."  I love that kid :).  We all gave this an 8, and it was a great dinner with some green veggies.
Tomorrow we're having some chicken and potatoes.

2 comments:

  1. I thought this was a great meal. Great work, Hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered if Aaron was going to get a special meal for his first day home from Mexico? Love you all. So happy about bebe, Love mom

    ReplyDelete