Friday, August 3, 2012

Slow Cooker Tortellini Lasagna Casserole

We love red sauces in our family, and if they have sausage in them, all the better for Aaron. I knew this recipe would be a hit with everyone, and it was. We had Tortellini Lasagna Casserole, which is made in the crockpot.  It's fast, easy, and so worth the wait.  It was rated a perfect 10 from everyone.
The only changes I made were to add cheese to the top of the casserole, only about one ounce, and I used the ricotta instead of cottage cheese.  Someday I'll have a pasta maker, and can make our tortellini here at home, but since I don't have a pasta maker, I had to use store-bought tortellini, which is still really, really great.  I used homemade marinara sauce, and this just turned out so well.  The calories for 1/8 of the casserole are 493 calories. 
Tomorrow we're having some shrimp and potatoes, and a blueberry cake.  

4 comments:

  1. When you used the store bought tortellini did it cook alright in the crockpot? It looks great. I bought some and this looks really good. love mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked great in the crock pot, just make sure you have plenty of sauce, or add water, and don't cook for too long. Love you guys!

      Delete
  2. This looks like the perfect weekday meal. I think I'll try it. This is probably a dumb question, but did you use a cheese tortellini? I know there's all kinds of fancy ones out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not a dumb question at all. I used refrigerated 3 cheese tortellini, and I just added a little bit more sauce/water to the cooker since they weren't frozen.

      Delete