Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Savory Chicken Hash

Our dinner tonight was pretty good, and very easy. The recipe is Savory Chicken Hash from Aaron McCargo Jr., and it's a great weeknight dinner since it's so little work.  I cooked my chicken tenders in the crockpot earlier today, and then just chopped them up for dinner.  I only used one green pepper instead of one yellow and one red, and I didn't add very much cayenne, because of our kids.  The hash had lots of flavor, and I liked the little bit of lemon, but I don't think that it was particularly wonderful.  Aaron and I gave it a 7, and Noah and Owen gave it a 9.  Funny guys.  They both thought it was a little spicy, even with just 1/8 t of cayenne.  The calories on this for 1/6 of the total were 209, so not high at all. 

Tomorrow we're trying another chicken dish and a tomato salad.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, even if I don't take the time to make all of them. It keeps us in touch with your lives a little bit. Love mom

    ReplyDelete