Monday, July 9, 2012

Pork Chops and Grits

We  had Pork Chops with Apples and Creamy Bacon Cheese Grits tonight, and it was delicious!  This was in the Pioneer Woman's second cookbook, and we all really enjoyed it.  We made six servings, and the calorie count was 473 calories per serving.  Aaron gave the pork a 10, he loved it, and the boys agreed, they also gave it 10.  I gave both the grits and the pork chops a 9, Noah gave the grits a 10, Owen gave the grits a 7, and Aaron gave the grits an 8.  These were definitely the best grits I've ever had, so hooray!  The sauce was flavorful, the apples very tasty, the pork chops sweet and savory, and the grits nice and creamy.  I cut the recipe in half but left it still 6 servings, and I used 1/2 cream, 1/2 milk in the grits because I didn't want them to be so rich.  We really liked this meal, and will make it again.  I would recommend it to anyone.  Tomorrow we're having shrimp from the Pioneer Woman and a couscous salad.

1 comment:

  1. The grits don't even sound good. But the porkchops look really good. I will have to try this recipe with the rest of our porkchops. Love mom

    ReplyDelete