Monday, July 2, 2012

Pasta with Pesto Cream Sauce and Grilled Chicken

Tonight we had such a fresh, delicious meal.  We had the Pioneer Woman's Pasta with Pesto Cream Sauce and we added grilled chicken to it.  This was easy and delicious.  I used less oil in my pesto than she called for, quite a bit less, and I smothered my chicken in pesto before grilling it.  Noah actually came in and asked for chicken bites before dinner because it smelled so good :).  We also used whole wheat pasta, we love that stuff.  Our basil came from our garden which made it even better!  Basically you make (or buy) pesto then warm up cream and a little butter, add in the pesto, combine the pasta and sauce with a little parmesan cheese, then add in the chicken (or shrimp or no meat) and tomato.  Fast and great--we all gave it a 9.  The meal was split into 8 servings and each serving was 365 calories.  Tomorrow we're having a dessert I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment