Thursday, July 19, 2012

Chili Rice

We had Chili Rice tonight!  This was delicious!  It got a perfect 10 from everyone except Aaron who gave it a 9, becaue it didn't have enough meat in it.  We had this with corn on the cob, and everyone was super happy!  This was a fast, easy to make, flavorful dinner and we all really enjoyed it.  The only problem I had with the recipe was the amount of servings it said the recipe made--4-6.  I followed the recipe exactly except I used only one bell pepper and less oil, and when the recipe was done, we had more like 12 servings.  So the calorie count for 12 servings was 294/serving.  My kids didn't even mind the spice!  We'll definitely have this again.

Tomorrow we're having a seafood stew and some cheddar muffins.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really good and it would be a good way to use rice. I will definitely try it. Love mom

    ReplyDelete