Monday, June 18, 2012

Sprinkle Muffins and Jalapeno Poppers

Today for breakfast we had this recipe from the Pioneer Woman. We've had these before, they are super delicious, and we give them a 9. I change the nutmeg to cinnamon in the recipe, and even though I cut the recipe in half, I still get 10 muffins out of it, resulting in a calorie count of 319/muffin. Easy and fast to make, great to have the kids help me, and they just taste so great!




Aaron wanted these jalapeno poppers for dinner for Father's Day, but asked me to postpone making them until today, because he wanted me to spend time with him on Father's Day, not spend an hour cleaning out jalapenos :).  These are so good.  A little spicy, creamy, salty, and delicious.  Man, we can eat so many of these.  Our jalapenos on our bush are small, so I can get 60 poppers out of this recipe.  I used the recipe in the Pioneer Woman's first cookbook, leaving out the barbecue sauce and the green onions, and cooking it according to the online directions.  Here is the link for the online recipe.  The cookbook only calls for one block of cream cheese, and 1/2 c of cheese.  For 60 poppers, the calorie count is 32 calories/popper.  Aaron and I give the poppers a 10 and the boys give them a 1 :)  They don't like spicy food.  Tomorrow we're trying a crockpot sausage ragout and some green beans from Our Best Bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment