Friday, October 26, 2012

Mini Pumpkin Pies


Sonia here.  These may look like ordinary pie plates, but they are only 6 inches across.  Joe found the cute pie plates for me and got them for my birthday.  We love them.  No more making huge pies for just our family; one pie is all we need.  Anyway, I had some leftover pumpkin to use and decided it would be fun to make some pumpkin pie.  I used Libby's recipe but instead of evaporated milk, I used coconut milk since I had some leftover as well.

I used a yummy pie crust recipe that I will share with you next week, but here is the recipe for the pumpkin pie.  (I only did half the recipe for the 2 mini pies.)  There is only 280 calories per 1/8 of a normal pie (not including whipped cream).


Libby's Pumpkin Pie

3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
Whipped cream (optional)

MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.

POUR into pie shell.

BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.   http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/18470/libbys-famous-pumpkin-pie/detail.aspx




1 comment:

  1. They look so good, but then I bite into them and ... Love mom

    ReplyDelete