Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Chicken Quinoa Soup

The recipe I'm sharing is something I threw together, trying to make myself cook.  I'm not having a lot of luck with the cooking thing right now, because everything I cook tastes terrible to me.  However, the rest of the family seemed to enjoy this.  We had this with some grilled cheese sandwiches, and everyone ate it up.  Aaron and Owen gave it a 7, and Noah gave it an 8.  I gave it a 4.  Anyway, it's easy and tastes alright, if a little salty.  Here's the recipe.

Chicken Quinoa Soup

1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
Celery
Garlic
Onion
Thyme
Water
Salt
Quinoa

Cook chicken with desired amounts of celery, onion, and garlic and top with water.  Cook as long as desired.  Remove all ingredients from the broth, add in seasonings as desired, cook down a little while you let the chicken cool.  Remove bones from chicken, and return chicken to the broth.  Add in the quinoa and cook until the quinoa is ready.  Serve.

This wasn't hard, and wasn't fabulous, but it was interesting.  I used quinoa because I didn't have any noodles, and the quinoa was a lot healthier. 

1 comment:

  1. This actually sounds pretty good. I don't know what quinoa tastes like, but I think I will try it. Love mom

    ReplyDelete