Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Easy Jam

So I always make homemade jam, and I found a super easy recipe for blueberry lemon jam somewhere on the internet.  I'm sorry I can't link to where I found it, but it is super great and easy jam.  I have since taken the basic recipe and played with all sorts of combinations, like blackberry, raspberry vanilla, strawberry lime, blueberry lime, and now today I made plain strawberry, since that's what my boys voted for.  Here is this simple, fast jam recipe.

Strawberry Jam

4 c strawberries, more or less (I used a little more) (use any combination of fruit and jello)
1 3/4 c sugar
3 oz box strawberry jello

Cook sugar and strawberries together in a large pan.  Blend with an immersion blender or smush with a potato masher, whichever texture you prefer (I like mine smooth).  Add in the jello, bring to a boil, then simmer for a little while.  Cool then refrigerate.  This tastes great, and is so easy, no finnicky pectin.  We give this a 9, and it's about 30 calories per tablespoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment