Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Broccoli Salad


Here is a broccoli salad recipe that I had in a church meeting and I really liked it.  I hope you enjoy it, too.  Bonnie, Vicki’s mom

 

 

Broccoli Salad

 

4 cups fresh broccoli, chopped small     2 cups green grapes cut in half

2 cups red grapes cut in half

2/3 cup sliced almonds

1 small bag sunflower seeds (@1 cup)

1 bag craisins (@1 cup)

1 cup Mayo with 1 Tb red wine vinegar and ½ cup sugar for dressing

 

Combine all ingredients and toss with dressing. 

 

Another option for the dressing is to use a coleslaw dressing with the mayo and add sweet onion.

 

We made this for a party, so did not taste it.  I think I would prefer using something besides the mayo.  

People at the party seemed to really enjoy it, so we gave it an 8.


1 comment:

  1. I think that bacon pieces would be really good with this salad. I did taste it after Vicki and Aaron brought it back from a family party and it was good. I don't care for the mayo taste, but I really like the grapes. I would probably give it a 7. I may try it again and see if I can find a dressing that would be better without the mayo. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete