Monday, January 6, 2014

Crockpot Italian Meatballs

This was such a great meal!  We made meatballs in the crockpot, and I found the recipe in the crockpot 365 cookbook.  I altered it just a little, and it came out so well!  Each meatball with sauce was 162 calories, and Owen, Noah and I all gave them a 9, while Aaron gave it an 8 because he said he would've liked more flavor.  Anyway, here's the super easy recipe.

3/4 lb lean Italian sausage
3/4 lb lean ground beef
1/4 c Italian cheese blend
1/4 c bread crumbs
1 egg
seasonings to taste

Mix ingredients together, then place in the crockpot and cook for 5 hours on low, covered in sauce of your choice.  Skim grease off before serving.

This was so good and easy, I love it!

1 comment:

  1. I have gone through the cookbook and written down the ones I wanted to try, a whole lot, but this is not one of them, mainly because of the sausage. I am glad it works for some. Love you mom

    ReplyDelete