Saturday, March 23, 2013

General Tso's Chicken

We had this delicious General Tso's chicken from Brown Eyed Baker's blog the other night, another one of Aaron's favorite kinds of food.  I am not going to repost the recipe here, because it is long and involved, and I followed the recipe exactly, or I tried to.  I will call your attention to the coating the chicken part, where the cornstarch flour mixture is made using the rest of the marinade.  I threw my marinade remains out before that part, and then I had to just dump a few ingredients in and hope it would turn out okay.  It did, but I didn't do a good enough job reading the recipe ;)  Learn from my mistakes, right :)? 
The calories are again an estimate on this, because of the frying thing, but they are around 295/serving for 10 servings.  That doesn't include the rice.  I used the coconut rice I have featured before on this blog, and it was delicious as usual.
Anyway, although labor intensive, this recipe is definitely worth the time, it's really delicious.  Aaron and Owen gave it a 9, Noah gave it a perfect 10, and I gave it an 8.

1 comment:

  1. When I was in Mesa with my mother we went for lunch one day to Panda Express and I had a Walnut Honey Chicken dish. It was so good. I added some regular vegetables to it and it was perfect. I am just not sure if the frying would hurt your dad. I think I may try this. Love you much, mom

    ReplyDelete