Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Cheesy Tortellini


 We had this great dinner from Giada de Laurentiis's Everyday Pasta cookbook.  This Cheesy Baked Tortellini was delicious, fast, and super easy.  The boys and Aaron gave it a 9, and I gave it an 8.  I'll have to update the calories later, I'm running behind on everything this week ;).  So to update, the calories per serving, and we made 10 servings, were 411.  Anyway, make this, you won't be sorry!
 

Cheesy Baked Tortellini

Olive Oil (I didn't use this, I just sprayed the pan)

2 c Marinara sauce

1/3 c mascarpone cheese ( I used ricotta and I used more than 1/3 c)

¼ c chopped parsley

2 t chopped thyme

1 lb cheese tortellini

2 oz thinly sliced smoked mozzarella

¼ c parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 350.  Lightly oil an 8x8 baking dish.

Whisk the marinara sauce, mascarpone cheese, parsley, and thyme in a large bowl to blend.  Cook the tortellini in a large pot of boiling, salted water until just tender, about 2 minutes.  Drain.  Add the tortellini to the sauce and toss to coat.

Transfer the tortellini mixture to the prepared baking dish or dishes.  Top with the smoked mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan.  Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake uncovered until the sauce bubbles and the cheeses on top melt, about 10 minutes longer.

2 comments:

  1. This one I will try this weekend since I need to use up things in my refrigerator and I have some tortellini. It sounds really good. Why did you only give it an 8??? Love mom

    ReplyDelete