Friday, March 8, 2013

Cannoli French Toast

We had some yummy French toast the other night for breakfast for dinner, and it was a hit, although Aaron prefers our regular French toast.  I found the original recipe here, but I didn't follow it exactly.  I made the filling like it said, but I made my French toast the way I like it, not according to their recipe.  The calories for 1 stuffed French toast are 758!!!  Oh man, that is high, but it's a fun treat.  Aaron gave it a 7, Owen and I gave it an 8, and Noah gave it a 9.

Cannoli French Toast

1 c ricotta cheese (I used whole milk, skim would be less calories :))
1/4 c powdered sugar
1/2 t vanilla
1/3 c semi-sweet chocolate chips

8 slices bread
1 egg
2 T butter, melted and cooled
1 t vanilla
3/4 c cream (milk would be way less calories, I used the cream because I had some I needed to use)
dash of salt

Mix together the first four ingredients, then spread on 1 slice of bread and top with another slice of bread.  Repeat for the other pieces of bread.  Mix together the egg, butter, vanilla, cream and salt, then dip the bread in the mixture.  Cook until both sides of the bread are cooked well, then serve. 

You can add syrup and butter if you want, but I don't think it's necessary.

1 comment:

  1. How did you keep it from running all over the skillet when you cooked it?? Love mom

    ReplyDelete