Monday, March 4, 2013

Cheesy Taco Pasta

I have Owen help out with dinner sometimes so he can learn about cooking, and he's great about helping although he really doesn't like cooking :).  He helped me make this easy dish, called Cheesy Taco Pasta, and although it wasn't a super hit here at the house, it was fast and easy, so we like that!
The link above is to the original recipe, and I made a few changes based on what I had in the house.  For six servings, the calories per serving are 406, and Aaron gave it a 5, Owen and I gave it a 7, and Noah gave it an 8.  Here's the recipe the way I prepared it.

1/2 lb pasta
1/2 lb ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1 1/2 c enchilada sauce
1/2 c water
2 c cheese
1/4 c cream

Prepare pasta and set aside.  Cook ground beef, then drain of all fat.  Add water and taco seasoning packet, then add the enchilada sauce.  Cook together, then add cheese and cream.  Serve immediately.

Like I said, this is fast and easy, and although not super popular, it's worth it for an easy dinner.

2 comments:

  1. I was surprised by what it looked like and the title. I may try it. Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't like it too much. And unfortunately I ended up with the leftovers at work :( Aaron

    ReplyDelete