Monday, September 17, 2012

No Cook Tomato Sauce with Pasta and Fresh Mozzarella

This was a great summer dinner, it's still quite summery here in Tucson, even though I see fall recipes all over the internet right now, we're still feeling the heat here :).  Anyway, the tomatoes, and green onions came out of our garden, and we had some carrots from our garden as a veggie.  We really like eating garden food!  This was a fabulous quick dinner, the longest part was cooking the pasta, unless you plan on making your own mozzarella, which I have done, but I didn't do it this time.  I bought fresh mozzarella from our deli at Fry's.  I got this recipe out of Cook's Illustrated New Best Recipe cookbook.
No Cook Tomato Sauce with Pasta and Fresh Mozzarella
1 lb pasta (they recommend fussili, I used rotini)
1 1/2 lbs tomatoes, diced, seeds removed
2 green onions, sliced thin
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 c olive oil
8 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes
Salt and Pepper

Cook pasta according to directions, salting well.  Mix together the tomatoes, green onions, garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper.  Drain the pasta, then add the tomato mixture to the pasta.  Add in the mozzarella and serve.

This tasted fresh and wonderful, and like I said it came together super quickly.  We all gave it an 8, and the calories for 1/8 of the total were 412. 

Sundays are going to be a no post day around here, so I'll only post 6 times per week.
Tomorrow we're having fish and green beans.

1 comment:

  1. It is nice that you can relax on Sundays. Hope you are feeling better. I know that if somethings were decided, it would be easier. Sure love you all. love mom

    ReplyDelete