Friday, September 7, 2012

Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Meatballs

This is a terrible picture.  I know, and I apologize.  These were going out the door to someone's house and we were running late, so no good picture at all today.  However, these were pretty yummy little meatballs.  They are originally called Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs, but I didn't have any turkey so they were made with chicken.  I put some chicken tenders, and all the meatball ingredients into my food processor.  I ground them all together, then formed the meatballs around the cheese.  I should've flipped them halfway through the cooking time, but I didn't think one side would get dark while the other didn't really brown.  These aren't burnt, they just don't look nice.  Anyway, although I didn't love the texture of these meatballs, the flavor was great.  I thought the texture was not quite meaty enough, and a little too wet, if that makes sense.  I think that maybe some bread crumbs or something might have given it a better consistency.  With the pasta the calories were approximately 450 per serving, using a homemade sauce.  Hopefully if you try this you'll get the right consistency.  Aaron and I both gave them an 8, and the boys didn't try any. 

Tomorrow we're having another chicken dish.

1 comment:

  1. This one I am definitely going to try and I do have some turkey. Thanks for all you do to serve your family. I know you and Aaron are trying to hard to be patient. We love you. mom H

    ReplyDelete