Friday, November 15, 2013

Super Nacho

This is a great dish that I have been making since I married Aaron.  This is a Tunell recipe that my mother-in-law shared with me, and every Tunell I know loves it :).  Aaron thinks it is wonderful, and I like it a lot, especially when I make it the way I like it.  Owen gave this a 6, because he thought it was too spicy, and the rest of us gave it a 9.  I think Aaron would've given it a 10 if it weren't spicy, but I like it that way :).  The calories for 1/9 of the total are 380, so high, but so good!  Here's the easy recipe:

1 lb chorizo
1 onion, diced
1 can green chilies
1/2 c El Pato taco sauce
1 can refried beans
3 c shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 400.  Brown chorizo and onions together until cooked and onion is softened.  Add in green chilies and taco sauce.  Spread beans in the bottom of a square baking pan, then top with meat mixture, then top with cheese.  Cook in the oven for 25 minutes, then serve with favorite toppings and chips.

We are going to layer the cheese next time and add a little more beans, because the kids and I think there is too much meat to bean/cheese.  Anyway, quick, easy, and delicious.

1 comment: