Friday, April 19, 2013

Enchilada Casserole

Happy Birthday Aaron!  I'll post his treats next week :).  We had another family favorite this week, and this is again one of my recipes that is super easy.  It's similar to Sonia's Lazy Man Enchiladas, but I do things a little differently, and our family loves it.  Owen and Noah gave it a perfect 10, and Aaron and I gave it a 9.  Here's how I make it, and again, everything is estimated so there isn't any calorie information.

1/2 lb ground beef
cumin
coriander
garlic salt
onion powder
canned corn
corn tortillas
1 large can enchilada sauce
a lot of cheese, I like a mixture, like Monterey jack, pepperjack, and cheddar

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a 9x13 pan.  Brown ground beef with spices, then add in the drained canned corn.  Pour a little bit of sauce to the pan, then take corn tortillas and rip them in pieces and submerge them in the enchilada sauce.  Lay them in the bottom of the pan, covering the entire bottom.  Top with 1/2 of the ground beef mixture, then some sauce, then lots of cheese.  Repeat this again, ending with the cheese.  Cook for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.  We serve ours with avocado, tomatoes, and sour cream.

1 comment:

  1. Do you want me to make these when we come? They sound really good. Love mom

    ReplyDelete