Thursday, April 4, 2013

Cinnamon Streusel Baked Donuts

Cinnamon Streusel Baked Donuts



We had Cinnamon Streusel Baked Donuts for breakfast the other morning, and they were a treat.  I love how they were slightly salty, slightly sweet, and really moist.  Aaron said he'd never had a donut like it, and I agree.  The kids and I really enjoyed them, Owen and Noah gave them a perfect 10, I gave them a 9, and Aaron gave them an 8.  The recipe made 6 donuts, and the calories/donut were 255.  I substituted applesauce for part of the oil, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly.  Here it is:

1/3 c sugar
2 whole eggs
1/4 c vegetable oil (I used 2 T oil, 2 T unsweetened applesauce)
2 T plain yogurt
1/2 t vanilla
1 c flour
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt

1/4 c brown sugar
2 T oats
1 T butter
1/2 t cinnamon
1/8 t salt

Preheat the oven to 375 and grease/spray your donut pan.
Whisk together the sugar, eggs, oil, applesauce, yogurt and vanilla until smooth.  Gently fold in the flour, baking powder and salt.  Distribute the batter evenly in the donut pan.
Toss all the last ingredients in the food processor, then top the donuts by pressing the streusel into the top of the batter.  Bake for 9-10 minutes (I did it for 9), then let cool for 5 minutes.  Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment