Friday, December 13, 2013

Pizza Rigatoni

Here is the original recipe for Pizza Rigatoni in the crockpot that I used, and I only made a few small changes.
 
I decided I wanted to cook the onions, so I mixed those in with the sausage, and I added the cream of mushroom soup to that mixture too, rather than giving it its own layer.  I like how it turned out, Aaron and I gave it a 7 because we both felt like the sausage needed more spice, I used sweet Italian sausage because it was on sale, rather than mild or spicy, and I would use either of those next time, Owen and Noah gave it a 9.  The calories for 1 cup, or 1/8 of the total were 528, and this was an easy weeknight meal.
 
Pizza Rigatoni
 
1/2 lb pasta
34 turkey pepperoni slices
1 lb Italian sausage
1 onion, diced
3 c marinara sauce
4 c cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
black olives, sliced or chopped for garnish (I don't like having cooked olives very much)
 
Cook pasta, drain, and set aside.  Cook sausage and onions, then mix in the soup and put half of the mixture in the bottom.  Place 1/2 the pasta on top, then pour half the marinara then place 1 3/4 c cheese on top of that and then pepperoni.  Repeat the layers, then end with the remaining cheese.  Cook on low for 4 hours. 


1 comment:

  1. This looks really good, but the mushroom soup does not sound good. How much do the turkey pepperoni slices taste like the regular pepperoni? Love mom

    ReplyDelete