Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Michael Symon's Salmon with Avocado Salad

I absolutely loved this fish, and although no one else liked it as well as I did, it was still really well liked around here.  Everyone else thought it was a little spicy, but I love me some spice :).  I gave it a perfect 10, Noah and Aaron gave it an 8, and Owen gave it a 7.  I found this recipe in Michael Symon's 5 in 5 cookbook, and each serving was 448 calories for 5 servings.  Here's what I did:

2 lbs salmon
salt and pepper
1 T chipotle powder (I used a little less)
grated zest and juice of 2 limes
1/2 onion thinly sliced
1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro leaves
4 T olive oil
1 avocado, sliced

Preheat oven to 400.  Season the salmon on both sides with salt, pepper and chipotle powder.  Cook in the oven until the fish has reached desired doneness, we cooked ours about 15 minutes.
Stir together the lime juice and zest, onion, cilantro, oil and salt.  Add the avocado and toss gently, then top the salmon with the avocado salad when serving.  Yummy yummy :).

1 comment:

  1. Is the chipotle powder the reason for the spice? This sounds really good and I have some salmon, so I will try it. You have listed 4 R olive oil. I assume this is Tablespoon, but need to make sure. Love mom

    ReplyDelete