Monday, February 23, 2015

Steak Fajita Bowls

So I got the idea for this recipe from the Family Favorite Recipes  cookbook (that is the cookbook you asked about Mother), but I kind of did my own thing.  I loved the Taco Bell steak bowls from a long time ago, these are kind of similar, I think I will make them more like that next time.  Each serving, the way I made it, was 422 calories, but there will be tons of rice left over.  Noah and I gave this a 9, and Owen and Aaron gave it an 8.  Here's what to do:

1 lb fajita meat (my grocery store has it all chopped up ready to go, I get it when it goes on sale)
1/2 can El Pato
1/2 lime, juiced or more to taste
salt
1 T fajita seasoning
cumin, onion powder, and garlic powder to taste

1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped

1 recipe Pioneer Woman's rice casserole (more like 1/8 of the recipe, lots of rice leftovers :))
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed

desired toppings, cheese avocado, etc.

Marinate the meat with the salsa, lime, fajita, salt, and spices to taste for a few hours.

Make the rice casserole according to the recipe instructions, but add in the beans along with the tomatoes and Rotel.  Cook an extra few mintues.

When ready to cook, cook the meat with the peppers and onions, then serve with the rice and eat.

1 comment: