Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Michael Symon's Bacon and Tomato Pasta

So the boys and I loved this, and the second day Aaron had it he also really enjoyed it.  Noah and I gave it a perfect 10, and Owen gave it a 9, and if the way Jonah gobbled it up was any indication, I would say he gave it a perfect 10 as well.  Aaron gave this a 7 the first night, but he said he really enjoyed it for lunch the next day.  I found this in Michael Symon's 5 in 5 cookbook, and it was so great.  I will be trying it again with Heirloom tomatoes in the summer time.  This comes together super quickly if you have everything prepared ahead of time, so a great weeknight meal!  Each serving was about 400 calories (it was hard to know exactly how much bacon fat there was) for eight servings, and here's what to do:

1 lb angel hair pasta
1 c diced bacon
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 c medium-diced tomatoes (I used around 6 roma tomatoes I think)
1/2 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 c torn fresh basil leaves
1 T extra-virgin olive oil for finisher

Cook the pasta in well salted water until al dente, reserving 1 c pasta water.  Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp, reserving all the drippings.  Add the garlic, then the tomatoes, and stir and cook for about 1 minute.  Add in the pasta and the reserved pasta water, then stir in the basil, Parmesan and olive oil.  Season and serve.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, this sound really good. And your dad could just remove the bacon that I love. This one I will try. Love mom

    ReplyDelete