Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Rachel Ray's Shrimp and Chorizo Quesadillas

We love shrimp, and we love chorizo around here, so I found this recipe from Rachel Ray, and decided to try it.  I didn't follow the recipe exactly, especially the guacamole.  We prefer our guacamole a different way, so I didn't make the chipotle guac, but I did make the quesadillas.
I had already taken a bite when I realized I hadn't taken a picture, so sorry for the ugly picture, but these were outstanding.  Each quesadilla and guacamole serving was 791 calories, sigh, but so delicious.  The boys and I gave this a perfect 10, and Aaron gave it a 9, he said the quesadillas weren't the awesome part, the guac made it amazing, but they are still great.  Here's what I did:

1 c pico de gallo (chop 1/2 onion, 2 tomatoes, 1/2 lime juiced, 1 pinch New Mexico chili powder, some cilantro and salt)
3 avocados
salt

5 flour tortillas
1 T olive oil
1/2 lb chorizo
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
salt
10 oz grated Pepper Jack chese

Mix the avocados and the pico de gallo well, the season to taste.
Heat the oil in the pan, add the garlic and shrimp, and season well.  After about 2 minutes, remove the shrimp from the pan, then cook the chorizo in the same pan.  In another pan, layer cheese, chorizo, shrimp, and cheese on half of the tortilla, then fold the tortilla over the top.  Cook on both sides until crispy, then repeat five times.  Serve with the guacamole.

1 comment:

  1. this sounds as easy as it is looks good. Please give me your guac recipe, too. Love mom

    ReplyDelete