Friday, December 26, 2014

Chinese Take-Out's Sweet Chili Shrimp

This is a great, easy shrimp recipe from Chinese Take Out, and like all shrimp recipes, it comes together in a flash.  I doubled the sauce, since I always get the complaint that there isn't enough sauce, and this was a solid 8 for us.  Aaron wanted it sweeter, but I don't love super sweet meats, so this was fine for me.  There were five servings for us, and each serving was 175 calories with the sauce doubled.  Here's what to do:

1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 t cornstarch
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper

2 T soy sauce
2 T honey
2 T cider vinegar
1 T chili sauce

1 T vegetable oil
2 t minced garlic
1 t minced fresh ginger
1 shallot, finely chopped

Toss the shrimp with the cornstarch, salt and pepper.  Stir together the soy sauce, honey, cider vinegar and chili sauce.  Set aside.  Heat the oil over high heat, then cook the garlic, ginger and shallot for a few seconds.  Toss in the shrimp, cook for about two minutes, then pour in the sauce and serve.

 Everyone had rice except for me, I was out of rice, sigh :)  Anyway, this was a great dish, and so fast and easy.

1 comment:

  1. I think I may try this since I love shrimp so much. Your dad may not like it, but it would be a nice change. Love mom

    ReplyDelete