Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Paula Deen's Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf

So this is one of those recipes we have all the time, we love it here, but for some reason it isn't on my blog.  I don't know how I have missed featuring it, but here it is :).  I found this a long time ago from Paula Deen, either in a cookbook or on foodnetwork.com, but it is great, and I have made very few changes to it.  The way I make it, each serving is 471 calories, and the meatloaf makes 8 servings.  We give this a perfect 10, like I said, it is a family favorite.

Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
Ingredients (8 servings—471/serving)
  • 1 pound ground chuck
  • 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 (8-ounce) package sharp Cheddar, grated 
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten 
  • 1/4 cup bread crumbs, toasted 
  • 1/8 cup mayonnaise 
  • 1/8 cup horseradish cream or dijon horseradish mayonnaise (I have used both, we like it both ways)
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/3 cup ketchup
  • 1-2 tablespoons prepared mustard 
  • 1 (3-ounce) can French fried onions (I use less than this)
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck and next 8 ingredients, mixing well.
In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and mustard. Stir 1/4 cup ketchup mixture into meat mixture, reserving remaining ketchup mixture.

Press meat mixture into a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan, or shape into a loaf and place on a rack in a broiler pan. Spread remaining ketchup mixture over loaf. Bake 45 minutes. Top with French fried onions; bake another 10 to 15 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink. 

1 comment:

  1. I just don't cook with ground hamburger any more. IT does sound good, though. Love mom

    ReplyDelete