Friday, July 25, 2014

Kevin and Amanda's Cheesy Chicken Bacon Broccoli and Rice

I found this recipe here, but I will be posting the recipe the way I made it, so it is a little different.  I was a little concerned about how the ingredients would fit together, but it seemed to be a popular recipe, so I thought I would try it.  I was right to be concerned, these ingredients didn't fit well together.


I didn't make the white sauce and add the cheese to it, I just made it with the cheese added to the rice mixture.  I also would suggest making this in a big pot or Dutch oven, it makes a lot of food.  I would next time not add the broccoli, and add some more Mexican flavors, some cumin, etc, because the broccoli was just so out of place in this.  Oh well, try it and see if you like it.  Each serving was 350 calories approximately, and we got 10-12 servings out of this recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think it would have tasted better with the white sauce??? It does not sound Mexican to me? Love mom

    ReplyDelete