Monday, August 4, 2014

Absolutely Avocado's Mexican Pizza

Can I just say yum?  Absolutely Avocado's Mexican Pizza was such a winner at our house, and I love how easy it was.  The boys gave this a 9, and Aaron and I gave this a perfect 10.


5-6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 can El Pato salsa
1 T paprika
1 T chili powder
2 t ground cumin
1 t salt
1/2 t red pepper flakes
8 corn tortillas
cooking spray
1 c canned refried beans
1-2 c Monterey Jack cheese
cabbage, avocados, green onions, tomatoes, etc to top

Combine the chicken thighs, salsa, paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt and red pepper flakes and cook in a slow cooker.  Shred and set aside when thoroughly cooked, about 3-4 hours on low for me.  Preheat the oven to 450.  Spray both sides of the tortillas with cooking spray, and cook them for 5 minutes.  Remove them from the oven, spread them with refried beans, chicken, and cheese.  Bake them for 5-7 minutes, then serve with the toppings.

1 comment:

  1. Now this one I will try. How do I go about putting this on my favorites list that appear up at the top of my screen? Love mom

    ReplyDelete