Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Crock Pot Pesto Pasta

This recipe started out as a recipe from Picky Palate, but I made quite a few changes, so here's my version of a very simple dinner.  A lot of the recipes in Picky Palate's cookbook call for already cooked chicken, which I never have, so this is a way to do it without cooked chicken.  The calories for this easy pesto pasta are 457 per serving, it makes about six servings, and Noah and I gave it a 9, and Aaron and Owen gave it an 8.  I like that this can be made in advance, stored in the refrigerator, and then just add the pasta and warm it for a few minutes and serve.  That's what I did on a day when I was sick, and my family still had a good dinner with almost no effort on my part.  Love it :).  Here's what I did:

3/4 lb chicken breast meat
1 jar pesto sauce (about 16 oz)
4 oz cream cheese
leftover cauliflower
salt and pepper to taste
8 oz pasta, cooked

Mix everything except pasta together in the crockpot, and cook for about 4 hours on low.  Check for doneness, then serve immediately with pasta, or cool, and serve with pasta at a later date.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really good and easy, but I would change to broccoli rather than cauliflower. Where can I buy a jar of pesto sauce or do you make your own? LOve mom

    ReplyDelete