Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Corn Crepes with Barbecue Duck Confit

This recipe was great.  The crepes were delicious, the barbecue sauce was very interesting, and using already prepared duck confit was very easy.  The difficult part of this recipe was making the barbecue sauce.  You first had to make some spicy ketchup from scratch (ketchup from scratch, a first from me and so fun!), then make the barbecue sauce.  I'm not going to post those recipes, buy Michael Symon's cookbook Live to Cook if you're interested.  It was a little spicy, but really good.  Aaron and I gave this recipe a 9, and the boys gave it a 7, because it was spicy.  I used 1 ear of corn for the crepe batter, but everything else I just followed the directions.

Crepe batter:
1/2 c fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels ( I used 1 ear, boiled)
1/2 c all purpose flour
2 large eggs
1/2 c whole milk
1/4 t kosher salt
pepper
1/2 c coarsely chopped red bell pepper
1/2 c coarsely chopped green bell pepper
1/4 c coarsely chopped scallion, white and green parts
canola oil, for sautéing

Barbecue Duck Confit:
1 c shredded duck confit or alternate filling of your choice (I picked up some duck confit at my grocery store)
1 c coffee barbecue sauce
1/2 c sour cream for serving

Combine the flour, corn, eggs, milk, salt, pepper, bell peppers, and scallion in a food processor and puree until smooth.  Cover and refrigerate 2-4 hours.

Oil a pan, and warm over medium heat.  Ladle in some batter and cook over medium heat, then flip and continue cooking until cooked through.  Repeat.

Preheat oven to 400.

Wrap 2-3 T of duck confit with a T of sauce in each crepe to make a cylinder.  Arrange the crepes seam side down, in a baking dish.  Bake until heated through, about 10 minutes.  Garnish with sour cream.

We also added the corn salad to the crepes, and I didn't use the sour cream, because I don't like sour cream :)

1 comment:

  1. What is duck confit? I know I am showing my ignorance here, but until I read the recipe, I thought it was just some cut of duck. Love mom

    ReplyDelete