Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Bacon Wrapped Walleye

We had some really yummy fish the other night, and although we didn't buy the correct kind of fish, I bought walleye pike instead of walleye, some of us still enjoyed this.  Aaron and Owen shared one piece of fish, and Noah and I shared the other one, and I think Aaron and Owen's fish wasn't seasoned properly, because they said theirs was bland.  Oh well.  They gave it a 7, and Noah and I gave it a 9, because we thought it was excellent.  This is super easy, and just tastes great.  We got the recipe from Michael Symon's Live To Cook cookbook.

2 filets walleye
4 strips bacon
2 T butter
salt and pepper
2 t fresh thyme leaves
1 T olive oil

Salt and pepper the fish well.  Spread the butter on one side of both filets.  Add the thyme, then place the fish filets together, butter side down.  Cut the fish stack in half, so you have two equal sized pieces.  Wrap 2 bacon strips around each stack.  Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.  Cook in a pan with the olive oil so bacon crisps up, about 4 minutes per side.  Place in a preheated 425 degree oven for a few minutes to finish off the cooking process.  Serve.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if this would work with any kind of fish? It sounds super easy and very good. I love fish, but I need some new recipes. I shall try this. Love mom

    ReplyDelete