Friday, January 25, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes

Last week we made some yummylicious cupcakes.  I really liked this recipe because it's easy and kid friendly.  Whenever I use cake mixes, I feel like I'm cheating, not really cooking, but when it comes to kids helping out, cake mixes are the way to go.  The boys helped me make these, and they had fun.  I found the peanut butter frosting to be too thick, it was hard to pipe, but the chocolate frosting recipe worked out really well.  I got the recipe from Our Best Bites second cookbook, but here is a link to it on their website.  I will put a picture up soon, I promise :)  The only critique I would have of this recipe is that you have to use the liners, otherwise the cupcakes get hard quickly and they are too crispy without the liners.  Other than that, this is a great recipe.  Noah and I gave them a 9, and Owen and Aaron gave them an 8.  Coming up soon, a chicken recipe, and a lamb recipe, and a potato recipe. 

1 comment:

  1. Now these I am going to try:> I am so glad you are back. Love mom

    ReplyDelete