Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Kellog's Shredded Wheat Banana Bread

I don't know about anyone else, but I buy tons of cereal when it goes on sale and I have coupons, and so I sometimes buy too much and need ways to use it up, especially if my kids don't like a certain cereal.  This recipe was such a great use of our shredded wheat, and we also used up some of my freezer bananas!  Hooray!  We give it an 8, great consistency, and surprisingly not so sweet.  We really enjoyed it.  I didn't use margarine, and I added some salt to the recipe since my butter is unsalted. Calories were 186/slice, kind of high, but pretty healthy for sweet bread.  Tomorrow is Cajun chicken and mashed potatoes and pan fried spinach.  Maybe I can get Aaron to like cooked spinach with this recipe, right?  I doubt it but we'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment