Monday, March 16, 2015

Guacamole Hummus

I found this recipe here , and it is such a great treat to have for lunch or to have with other food.  We had it for lunch, and we loved it.  We all gave it a perfect 10, except for Owen, who gave it a 9, he wanted less hummus taste and more avocado.  This is only about 100 calories per serving, plus the chips.  I didn't follow the recipe exactly, since I didn't have everything I needed, but here's what I did.

1/2 recipe hummus, substituting the lemon juice for a little less lime juice
1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1-2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 lime, juiced
dash of coriander
dash of cumin
salt
1 avocado, mashed

Mix this all together and serve it with chips after letting it sit for around an hour.

Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. I love hummus, but have never tried it. Maybe I will. Love mom

    ReplyDelete